TheDoctor Raceis regarded by many as the ultimate ocean paddling race. A crossing from the famous Rottnest Island to the stunning white sands of Sorrento Beach. The Doctor captures the ocean paddlers imagination as no other race can. Starting in the crystal blue waters of Rottnest, the paddler is soon into fast moving ocean chop, whipped up by the "Doctor Wind" the afternoon South West wind that prevails nearly every day in summer.
Option 1: WA Race Week consists of:
- Fly in Tuesday 21st Nov (10km) 6pm twilight downwind event
- Wednesday 22nd Nov 14km fun downwind run for SHSC Paddlers.
- Thursday 23rd Nov (10km) 6pm twilight downwind event
- Friday 24th 1km Dash for Cash Sprint races
- Saturday 25th is the world famous Doctor Race (27km)
- Fly out Sunday 26th Nov
2023 World Championships:
- Monday 27th - downwind session
- Tuesday 28th - downwind session
- Wednesday 29th - downwind session
- Thursday 30th - Dec 3rd (window period) for World Championships
Sydney Harbour Surf Club is driving their trailer from Sydney to Perth. We have the whole week sorted for you with accomodation (single and queen bed options), surf ski hire/transport to Perth, race event drop off and pick up, plus a luxury boat ride with your surf ski out to Rottnest Island on the Doctor race day.
- Flights roughly $650 return (you buy your own flights)
- Doctor Race Entry - price hasn’t been advertised yet
- SHSC - Epic surf ski hire for all events over the 6 days in Perth = $850
- Own surf ski transport to Perth $700 and to race events and down winds
- Luxury boat transport to Rottnest island = $170 per person