PERTH DOCTOR RACE 2024
The Doctor Race is regarded by many as the ultimate ocean paddling race. A crossing from the famous Rottnest Island to the stunning white sands of Sorrento Beach. The Doctor captures the ocean paddlers imagination as no other race can. Starting in the crystal blue waters of Rottnest, the paddler is soon into fast moving ocean chop, whipped up by the "Doctor Wind" the afternoon South West wind that prevails nearly every day in summer.
WA Race Week consists of:- Fly in Tuesday 26th Nov (10km) 6pm twilight downwind event
- Wednesday 27th Nov 14km fun downwind run for SHSC Paddlers.
- Thursday 28th Nov (10km) 6pm twilight downwind event
- Friday 29th Nov 1km Dash for Cash Sprint races
- Saturday 30th Nov is the world famous Doctor Race (27km)
- Fly back to Sunday 1ST Dec
- Flights roughly $650 return (you buy your own flights)
- Doctor Race Entry - price hasn’t been advertised yet
- SHSC Epic surf ski hire for all events over the 6 days and transport to Rottnest Island race day = $1200
- Own surf ski transport to Perth and to all race events plus transport to Rottnest Island Race day $1100
- Nautica Residences Hilarys - Queen bed/own room = $375 p/n x 5
- Nautica Residences Hilary - Single bed/shared = $250 p/n x 5